Our Paso Robles Pickleball Club website: pickleballpasorobles.shutterfly.com
Today's Ten Commandments of Pickleball.......
1. Most points are won at the net. Get there as quickly as possible.
2. Do not crossover step at the No Volley Zone line. Shuffle along the line.
3. Think "placement," not power. Avoid overhitting.
4. Force your opponent to hit the ball when it is close to the ground. Short hop their feet and to the side of their feet. They will hit it up.
5. Learn to "shade." Cover the easy shots. Make them hit to a tougher part of the court.
6. There are two types of shots in Pickleball. The swing and the push. The closer you are to the net, the less you swing the paddle on a groundstroke. Push the ball.
7. Never try to hit a winner off of what looks like a winner (from your opponent). Just get it back.
8. Avoid putting spin on the ball when you are close to the net. Avoid spin most of the time. The paddle surface was not engineered for spin.
9. Practice using the reverse hinge technique when dinking. No wrist action.
10. When dinking, the handle should be higher than face of the paddle. Tip of paddle down!
More to come..............