Here are Ten Random Rules Of Pickleball....and believe me, the list goes on and on:
1. Practice does not make perfect....perfect practice makes perfect. The dink part of your game?
2. Find the lesson in every lost point and lost game and you will start winning more.
3. Playing smart is better than playing clever.
4. This game is very fun, but don't confuse fun with fulfillment.
5. You can't control what happens around you....only how you react. Play with class.
6. A good partner helps you feel worthy and makes you want to play better. Be a good partner.
7. If you aren't mentally tough, the skills won't matter.
8. Don't think too hard. Relax and let the game situations come to you.
9. The Three Other P's. Placement, Patience, and, occasionally, Power....in that order.
10....And, one of my favorites: If Pickleball were easy, everybody would be good.
Did I mention I love eating? Who doesn't. How about desserts? My favorite part of any meal....or, for that matter, my favorite meal. Dessert is food---at its best. Soooooo, on that subject, I have been doing quite an extensive study on the fruit oat bar offerings here on the Central Coast. Have not found one worth touting in Paso Robles. The #2 location for the best Apricot and Raspberry oats bars on the Central Coast would the The Porch, in Santa Margarita. For a long time, they were No. 1. However, recently I discovered the best berry oat bar can be found in Cambria at the Village Bean. They make their own, make them with various fruits (blackberry, strawberry, blueberry, etc.). The bars are big, tasty, and well worth the price of $2.50 each.
What does this have to do with Pickleball? You will need to find out for yourself. Meanwhile...."how did the ball come off your paddle today?