Our Paso Robles Pickleball club Website: www.pickleballpasorobles.shutterfly.com Join us for some fun play when you are in the area.
We had 17 players this morning, including a talented player from Virginia. Since we started eleven months ago our visitors have come from all areas of California----San Diego, Riverside, Laguna Niguel, Mission Viejo, L.A., Whittier, San Fernando Valley, Santa Maria, Pismo Beach, Cambria, San Jose, Palo Alto....to name a few, and, from other states----Arizona, Florida, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Utah, and Virginia. It is fun to meet and play with Pickleballers from outside our area. The conversation always centers around what they are doing at their clubs, what kind of support they have from their city, their facilities, etc. Very interesting to hear about all the clubs who move indoors during the winter months. We like being outdoors, but the option to move inside would be nice during the cold and rain.
Strategy Reminders: After today's play, I see the opportunity to remind people about Pickleball Strategy. Here is a good list of 10.
1. Get your serve in every time....preferably DEEP.
2. Your Service Return should be slow and deep to allow you to get to the 7' line (NVZ line).
3. Use the Third Shot "Dink." This is the return of their return of serve. A short shot in the NVZ.
4. Placement and Patience are the keys to this game. Play under control.
5. Speaking of placement....hit the ball to your opponent's feet.
6. When you can, make them REACH.
7. When you can, keep your opponent's DEEP. If they stay back, keep them back.
8. Do not hit UP. Remember #5. Hit at their feet. Placement. The dink.
9. Take away the high percentage shot from your opponents. Shade with your partner. The more diagonally they hit, the lower their percentage of winners.
10. Be in a good ready position with the Paddle Up and Slightly Angled (45 Degrees) Towards Your Opponents.
Read a good article today about the start up/importance of Pickleball in a Fresno County city.
Another country getting serious about Pickleball: Read: http://blog.pickleballcentral.com