The numbers in the Post Title look like a football audible.....instead, the numbers refer to our attendance the last three meetings--Friday, Saturday, today (Monday). We have been averaging 15-20 players regularly over the last two months, and this is good. We have five courts, and it has been nice to see them full as players enjoy great mornings (weather) combined with fun and exercise. Doesn't get much better, and, as some of our players say, "better than a gym membership!" Next month we celebrate our Club's one year anniversary.
Speaking of next month, we will go back to our Fall hours: MWFSat 9-11 a.m. School starts August 27, and it is very difficult to get to the courts around the congestion of school traffic. We will, however, have special hours on occasion when players want to come down early for additional instruction/extra play.
10 Things I Saw Today (Or Heard) On The Pickleball Courts:
1. Two new passersby who wanted to know more about the game.
2. Lots of laughing and socializing. The size of our court promotes that.
3. Another player talking about ordering his own paddle.
4. Players explaining the rules to each other. They are learning.
5. All courts learning (and trying successfully) the "dink" shot.
6. Using the "dink" as their third shot.
7. Playing horizontally at the 7' line (i.e. shuffling back and forth along the line).
8. Better "placement" vs. "power."
9. Prolonged volley rallies at the net....hand/eye coordination is improving.
10. Husbands and wives playing together and enjoying each other's company. What a game!!!!
Saturday we welcomed four new players (pictured below are three newcomers who tried Pickleball for the first time). They all did very well. Pictured below L-R: Deborah Mullen, Carolyn Osborne, Bonnie Sidwell.
BTW: How did the ball come off your paddle today?