Our Paso Robles Pickleball Club Website: www.pickleballpasorobles.shutterfly.com Join us for Pickleball anytime you are visiting the Central Coast of California. We recently completed our new five court facility. Paso Robles was recently named the 2013 "Wine Region Of The Year" by Wine Enthusiast Magazine. Pickleball and wine tasting. Sounds great!!!!
10 Good Pickleball Drills….All Drills are Team Drills-2 vs. 2
1. 5 Minute Dink Warm-Up. Same side and cross court
2. 3-D Drill (Deep-Deep-Dink). Deep Serve….Deep Return….Dink (3rd shot). Both players on one side serving.
3. Dink Game - No Lob. Start with a dink serve which must land inside the no volley zone. The ball must be hit over the net at least 4 times (all dinks) not including the dink serve. Beginning with the 5th hit, you can win a point with a dink or a kill shot. No lobs. Just like the regular game, points can only be won by the serving team. Play to 11.
4. Lob Only Game - Play a complete game using only lobs….including the serves. Any lob that lands in the NVZ is a fault or loss of point. Play to 7 or 11.
5. 1 vs. 2 Dink Game. The single person moves from Left to Middle to Right position on court AND dinks to both players on the opposite side. After moving to all three positions, and back the other way, rotate to the other side. If more than three on court, have the others wait near the net post and rotate in.
6. Feed-Split-Hit: 1 person on one side of net; others on other side at the baseline. The multiple person line has one person approach net, on the run. Split-Step when other person feeds (hits) the ball. Play the “soft” shot into the NVZ. Go through two cycles of the line. Someone take the single side feeder’s place.
7. 4-4 Game. 2 vs. 2. One ball. 4 Volleys, 4 Dinks. Continue pattern until there is a miss. Repeat. Not trying to win the rally, just keep ball in play.
8. Figure 8 Dink Game: Play to 15. Rally scoring. Ball must move in a figure 8 direction. After 4 dinks, a player can change the direction of the ball. Every time there is a miss, the two partners change positions on the same side of the court.
9. Dink-Lob Drill: 2 on 2. All at the NVZ line. Dink 6 times and then lob a winner. Angle person goes to get the ball BUT does not return or hit it back. Just pick it up. Resume drill. Make sure you alternate who is lobbing.
10. 5 Minute Volley Drill: 1 ball. Both teams volley only. Not trying to hit winners. Keep ball in the air and flat back and forth.
Stay tuned for Drills 11-20.....
If you have any additional drills you would like to contribute, please see my email address on our website (above). Would love to hear from you. Any questions on the above drills, email me.